UTIMCO provides an excellent benefits package including a flexible health plan, a generous 403(b) retirement program, vacation and holiday schedules competitive with the private sector, paid parking, and an excellent working environment.
If you are not from the Austin area, click here for information on the area.
If you are interested in career opportunities at UTIMCO, please send a cover letter with salary expectations and your resume, indicating the position in which you are interested, to:
Human Resources Dept.
401 Congress Avenue, Suite 2800
Austin, Texas 78701
Fax: (512) 225-1660
E-mail: UTIMCO Human Resources
Principals only, please. We welcome applications from all individuals. All materials will be kept in strictest confidence. UTIMCO is an equal opportunity employer.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background investigation.
Legal and Compliance Specialist
As a member of UTIMCO's Legal Department, the Legal and Compliance Specialist will be responsible for supporting the day to day processes of UTIMCO's legal, compliance, risk management and corporate governance functions. The Position reports to General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer.Broad responsibilities include:
- Administer the UTIMCO compliance program and related activities for UTIMCO's investment transactions to ensure compliance with investment policies, applicable laws and regulations, and other policies
- Perform other compliance duties, including conflicts of interest checks, monitoring of employee personal trading, and management of the process for the annual disclosure statements for outside financial advisors and service providers
- Serve as the Public Information Coordinator for UTIMCO and administer the open records process
- Coordinate administrative functions for UTIMCO Board and Board Committee meeting processes
- Provide administrative support to the legal and risk management teams
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The qualifieds degree in a related field and a preferred 2-4 years work experience in a regulatory compliance framework, an investment or financial services environment and/or in corporate accounting. Demonstrated knowledge of the general regulatory environment related to investments and internal corporate control requirements is preferred. Candidate should have legal research skills, strong organizational skills with ability to work on many tasks concurrently, proven ability to analyze complex materials, strong attention to detail and accuracy, advanced proficiency in Word, and strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint. Candidate should also have strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.