Chief Technology Officer
The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) will provide the vision and strategic leadership to develop and execute Information Technology initiatives and innovation that is aligned with UTIMCO’s business objectives. Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the CTO will lead all ongoing technology enterprises and create a leading-edge technology culture. This position will proactively build relationships across the firm, collaborate effectively and develop a strong team to anticipate and meet the technology needs of the UTIMCO.
The CTO will evolve the Technology team to one that is recognized as a value-added business partner critical to the company’s success. This individual will be recognized as a leader and technology subject matter expert, adept at developing strategies and plans, leading positive change, developing talent, creating high performing technology teams and fostering effective business partner relationships within and beyond the firm. This role will also manage the delivery of key technology services for UTIMCO groups that include, but are not limited to, Risk Management and Asset Allocation and Investment Operations, Accounting and Reporting teams.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Cultivate and implement firm wide technology strategy and roadmap that aligns UTIMCO’s systems, projects, and business needs while embracing appropriate mechanisms to address security, risks and
- Lead Infrastructure and Development teams and set functional goals that are aligned with UTIMCO’s needs and overall
- Effectively align resources to achieve key priorities and provide high-level leadership to development projects that improve the functionality, reliability, and scalability of the company’s applications and
- Determine IT priorities, perform a demand assessment, and establish key performance metrics and reporting for critical IT initiatives and operations. Identify and leverage efficiencies in processes and operations across technology.
- Manage all IT related operational and capital budgets. Consider utilization of external hardware and managed service providers to achieve higher performance or realize cost Evaluate the use of third party and cloud providers to offer a scalable, cost effective solution to address UTIMCO’s technology needs.
- Mentor, coach, and guide team leaders technically and Develop long-term resource plans, considering staff resources and development strategies, to meet long-term business needs.
- Maintain strong focus on ensuring the effective integration of the department with other areas of the firm. Interact with peers across all other teams, collaborating on department level or wider firm level initiatives, and proactively communicate progress, issues, plans and
- Collaborate with the Security team to ensure integrity of organization-wide data, proprietary information, and related intellectual property through information security and access
- Foster a software development lifecycle process that ensures the appropriate balance in which quality products are produced timely and in direct correlation to Investment and Operations team
- Ensure sound enterprise architecture is employed, drive a culture of best practices and processes, and verify all technology and regulatory standards and best practices are
- Keep abreast of technological advancements and innovative solutions applicable to the business
- Review and recommend changes to the current IT governance model across the Department; define the roles, responsibilities and rules to guide, simplify and speed decision-making on division
- Establish strong relationships with UTIMCO business leadership, especially the Chief Compliance Officer and Chief Information Security Officer, product and service providers, and customer organizations to articulate current and future requirements for technology, including hardware, software and
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience as a CTO or comparable technology leadership position combined with an in depth understanding of the financial services industry/institutional or endowment investment management organization (highly preferred).
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a
- Demonstrated track record of success in developing and implementing a comprehensive technology strategy that is both aligned with and supports the current and future business goals of the
- Ability to skillfully manage, develop, motivate and direct others within a fast paced, dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Extensive experience managing technology teams and accompanying operational and capital
- Strong business acumen and executive Proven ability to interact, communicate effectively and obtain creditability with senior level executives.
- Must be results and goal orientated with ability to demonstrate excellent judgment and appropriate level of risk taking.
- Outstanding written and oral communications as well as the ability to deliver presentations to a wide spectrum of audiences, both internally and
- Excellent prioritization ability along with strong focus on ensuring the effective integration of the department with other teams across the firm
- Experience in designing and leading application architecture and implementations of localized and enterprise wide
- Demonstrated process analysis and improvement
- Must be comfortable operating in a highly collaborative, dynamic environment with the ability to drive and achieve results in a cost-effective and efficient
- General knowledge of Information Technology frameworks including ITSM, ISO, NIST and
- Vendor/outsourcing management skills and experience with great depth in the data center/hosting/infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience leveraging partner relationships and building creative services
- Transformation and change management focus that will allow her/him to help UTIMCO progress through and beyond its current inflection point and continue to grow, with technology a leverage tool and competitive advantage.
- Buy-side industry and multi-asset class experience